Saturday 22 November 2014

i want to share a knowledge that i get from listening workshop that provide by my tuition class.I learnt about listening skills. Listening is important to prove that the students are paying attention and encourage concentration in class so that they will be able to make questions if there is a certain part of the lesson that they do not understand. Selective listening is different from active listening because listener can choose or pick what they want to listen. Together with listening skill, the lecturer taught about the connection between listening and note taking skills. If a student wants to be an active listener, one must practice note taking. When one listens to something and practicing note taking simultaneously, he will become more alert with the lesson learnt. I am poor in listening skill. I could not even remember the things that the lecturer has told me in the class once I reached home. Because of that, I always tend to forget about assignments and tasks that has been given by lecturer and to overcome this problem, I jot down everything especially the date and the details about my assignments. I even wrote those things on a stick-it-note and paste it at my closet to make sure that I am not missing anything important. My friends and I who are poor in listening skill tried our best to attend class early so that we can go sit in front. I also tried to watch English movies without subtitles to make sure that I concentrate and listen to what the dialogues say as well as improve my listening skill. On Wednesday, in the same week, a workshop has been held to expose to students about how to search or find information using databases. Through this workshop, we have clear information on how we can find academic information that we are going to use in our assignments, researches and theses.

No comments:

Post a Comment